Creative Stuff

Illustrations (and other creative things) by Jessie Vittoria


Leave a comment

Mark Making Tool

I’m finally posting a design project!  This was my first project in my design principles class.  We had to make a mark making device and a series of marks created form our marks. I went through 3 prototypes.

defd210e749f01a4c5ab9361ace253df SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC

We had to bind our sketches in a book.  I didn’t have room on the tables for all the pages…

20140919_003448e

DSC07962 DSC07963 DSC07964 DSC07965 DSC07966

Then we had to pick a word and make a poster.DesignPosterEcho_Page_2


Leave a comment

Painting Part 4

This was a collage painting, taking images from different paper sources and putting them together in a composition.

2014-10-16 16.31.32 20141021_172254e 20141023_164545e

The next painting had to be a flattened portrait.  I don’t know if I really like it though because it looks just like the picture and why would you paint something you can just make in photoshop? My feelings about that are kind of mixed.20141028_184715e 20141030_185609e 20141104_184512e

And then I thought I was finished but realized I forgot the eyebrow… I couldn’t figure out why the face looked so blank.20141105_173112e


Leave a comment

Intermediate Painting Part 3

Here is the next painting.  Sorry the first two pictures are a little crappy.  I have no lighting in my house.

20141010_114635e 20141010_223921e 20141014_160932e


Leave a comment

Intermediate Painting Part 2

This painting I just finished is probably my favorite out of all the ones I’ve done in this class so far.  It is 16×20″ and took me a total of about 6 1/2 to 7 hours to paint.

Of course there are things about it I don’t like, but overall it is pretty good I think.  I am posting the process because there actually was one.

20140930_174805e 20141002_172654e 20141003_153516e 20141007_144340e


Leave a comment

Intermediate Painting Part 1

So I am starting on my 6th week in my new school and I have finished 4 painting, 2 of which are part of a diptych.  I have had no time for anything outside of school.  My design classes are taking over my life, we have a critique every day.  In my painting class we are supposed to finish a painting each week, but as you may know, I am a very slow painter.  I have a lot on my plate right now and tomorrow I have an Art History test covering Early Christian to French Baroque… So I thought this would be a good time to post something on here…

I usually show my process, but because each painting took me about 6 hours (3 hours each class (which is unheard-of for me)) there isn’t much to show, except for the shell painting.  That one took me longer ’cause it was hard, yo… Way more difficult than I thought.  So if that is something that interests you, you can request the process for that one, but I feel like no one really cares.  So…

20140904_185731e

This one was deconstructing candy packaging. ^

20140912_133354e220140912_133354e

This is the diptych. ^

20140925_163521e

This one was a grid project, obviously. ^

I’m thinking maybe later, when I have a little bit of a break, I might post something about life as an art student if that is something that interests anyone.  I just thought it would be cool cause that is something I would want to read so I figure maybe I’m not the only one.  You can see a few things relating to school I’ve put on Instagram, kinda fun stuff, maybe.  I used to be crazy about Instagram, but now I barely have time for that.  The amount of time I DO NOT have will probably be included in the school post.  SPOILER!


Leave a comment

Squares

I started these back in early 2013.  I wanted to make a bunch with different color schemes and all with similar content for a huge series, but of course I didn’t… Maybe once I start this semester’s painting class I will pick it back up.  I at least got two done, finally.  I just finished the second one after it has been hanging on my wall, unfinished, for a year.  These were my tests.  I really like how the inked one turned out.  They are 8″x8″, made with prisma color, chalk pastel and ink.

 

2013

2013

2013

2013

Details 1

Details 1

Details 2

Details 2


1 Comment

Metals Final

Our final project was stone setting.  I have to be honest, by this point I just wanted to do something easy that wasn’t going to kill me before the semester was over.  I also made it so I could remove the stone piece and just have the flowers.  Don’t mind the chain, it’s just there to show it’s a necklace.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 183 other followers